Wednesday 18 February 2015

Tuhau (Etlingera coccinea) Sabahan food

WEEK 12 ~

Tuhau (Etlingera coccinea)
Hey, guys did you ever heard about this kind of food ? Tuhau very popular among the people of the Kadazan Dusun, Tuhau derived from stem bunga kantan.
Tuhau made pickles to be eaten with rice. The taste is very delicious when mixed with vinegar and chili. Maybe some people do not like it because
it smelled strongly like insects, but for me it is my favorite food. In my village, this plant is very easy to find and there is also grown in home gardens. The process is also easy to find, the skin should be peeled before being chopped.


 This is my younger sister with my cousin. After the finding process done, they peeled it so that we can bring it easily.

Still have a time to posing while find this plant haha !
we were lucky because at that time the weather was hot, so we do not need to be afraid of leeches. I may not going with them if at that time the weather is humid, because I am not willing to donate my blood to the leeches, eeuww !

 My younger sister was diligently looking for Tuhau 



No comments:

Post a Comment